March 25, 2010

What time is it?

Most cruisers will tell you that they lose track of time. One of the first items to go from the daily wardrobe (shortly after shoes) is the watch.

Sometimes you do need to know what time it is though. Like when you have a dentist appointment.

The problem is I really don’t know what time it is.

La Cruz is in the state of Nayarit and is currently on Mountain Standard Time (daylight savings hasn’t kicked in yet, I don’t think). Puerto Vallarta is in Jalisco and keeps Central Standard Time. But most of the locals in La Cruz and all of the cruisers keep Jalisco time, while the businesses keep Nayarit time. Got it?

So I had an appointment today at 10am—I just didn’t know which 10am. If it was 10am Jalisco time I needed to go at 9am Nayarit time. But if it was 10am Nayarit time I needed to go at 11am Jalisco time. I think.

Whichever it was, I missed my appointment.

1 comment:

Seven C's said...

Whew! You said it! We found the time zones quite confusing! I never did know what time it was while we were there. It didn't help that the cell phone changed time depending what cell tower it was on!